The Alice Smith Library at Berean Baptist Church!
The library was named in honor of Alice Smith, who introduced countless people to the gift of reading. She invested in the lives of others through the seeds of Christian literature. The Berean library that exists today represents the accumulation of 30 years of dedicated time and effort. The library was named after Alice Smith in January of 2013 as a tribute to her tireless ministry. She impacted many people with her book selection, her summer program Camp Read-a-Lot, and her genuine love for everyone who entered the library. Alice went to be with the Lord in November of 2013, but her legacy lives on.
The library is located near the east exit in the main foyer. We hope you’ll come and have a look at all we have to offer!
Our goal is to provide a variety of materials, written and recorded, for all ages, which will encourage and inspire those who come through our doors.
Monthly Library Newsletters:
February Newsletter 2019
March Newsletter 2019
April Newsletter 2019
May Newsletter 2019
June Newsletter 2019
July Newsletter 2019
August Newsletter 2019
September Newsletter 2019
October Newsletter 2019
November Newsletter 2019
December Newsletter 2019
January Newsletter 2020
How To Check Out Library Items:
- Remove the card from the pocket and write today’s date and your FULL name on the next empty line. Please write legibly.
- Place the card in the box on the librarians’ desk.
- Put a due date card in the book pocket (blue for books, pink for DVD’s and CD’s).
- Books are due in four weeks; DVDs and CDs in two weeks.
- We do not charge overdue fines but do ask you to make EVERY effort to return your items in a timely manner.
- Please help young children to check out their items and make sure their last name is on the card.
The library is open during Sunday School and church on Sunday mornings, most Sunday evenings, and on Wednesday evenings.
photo: Alice Smith and two of her great-granddaughters